Erasmus+ Project No. 2018-1-EL01-KA204-047819
An Adult Digital Education Skills Kit to Foster Employability (DESK)
UPB-CAMIS is pleased to announce its involvement in a new Erasmus+ KA2 funded project called DESK - An Adult Digital Education Skills Kit to Foster Employability, aimed with the development of a Digital Toolkit by which an Adult Trainer can learn how to create content for his class as well as use it to promote Life-long Learning to Adults and help them increase their skills towards the labor market.
The objectives of the DESK project are in chronological order:
- Establish a relevant curriculum based on an analysis of the training needs of adult learners according to the digital skills needed to improve and foster employability;
- Implement courseware and e-Learning content based on the established curriculum of courses focused on engaging adults to improve their employability and digital literacy;
- Develop a set of case studies serving as examples of successful use of Augmented Reality (AR) for training adults;
- Develop an innovative “Digital Adult Trainers Toolkit” which will provide EU Adult Trainers with a set of digital resources including e-learning content and AR-case-studies which they can include in their training sessions to help increasing the interest level of adult learners;
- Use a group of Adult Trainers to evaluate the aforementioned “Toolkit”
- Disseminate the results of this project across Europe and openly distribute the resultant “DESK Toolkit” to a minimum target of 1,000 Adult Trainers
Target Groups :
The primary target group will be Adult Trainers throughout EU but in particular in the partner member states, as the DESK project will be focusing on enabling them to use the DESK Tool kit to enhance their teaching in Adult Classrooms. The secondary target group would be the Adult students who need to gain digital literacy, thus gaining better chances on being fit for modern jobs. Thirdly, stakeholders related to Adult Education comprise a separate group, such as managers and policy makers for Adult Learning
First and foremost, a digital tool kit for use by Adult Trainers and Stakeholders to attract and train adults in skills required by modern life. We expect over 90 trainers to experience DESK during its creation.
- A Curriculum for using the AR in Adult Education and especially in digital literacy
- A set of six complete examples will be contained within DESK, to better show how AR technology can be implemented in Adult Training
- The content included within will be original and will make learning friendly to adults catching up to modern skills.
- A series of multiplier events in the participant organization’s countries will bring people closer to “Augmented Reality in Adult Classrooms”. The dissemination of DESK will also help raise awareness on the need for Life Long Learning and catching up to recent age skills.
- A simple guide for Adult Trainers on using the Augmented Reality to engage Adult Learners and help them catch up and stop “fearing technology”.
For more information, please visit the DESK project website, soon.